EMTs Wanted! The EMT Academy starts in August and goes until the first week in December. Class is Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Click the link below to apply. The following are required to apply:
- Must be over 18 at the time of taking the National Registry Exam
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider Card
- Must meet State vaccination requirements for Healthcare Providers
- Must meet State of Washington background requirements including criminal history and drug use.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to physically accomplish the job of being an emergency medical technician
Priority registration will be given to the following groups
- Persons who reside in the boundaries of Sky Valley Fire's response area
- Members affiliated with a local fire department or EMS agency including Search and Rescue
- Students of vocational Firefighting training programs
Additional spots will be based on availability. If there are more applicants then spots available, applicants will be chosen at random via a lottery.
Tuition for the Academy is $1500, this covers the cost of instruction, supplies and lunches on Saturdays. In addition to tuition students will be required to purchase the following:
Tuition assistance is available for those with a hardship that live in the response area of Sky Valley Fire.
For more information or questions contact Lieutenant Shane Roeder at email@example.com